Welcome to our review of NU Skin.
Nu Skin is a multi-level marketing (MLM) company that offers a range of personal care and wellness products, including skincare, haircare, and nutritional supplements.
The company operates in over 50 markets worldwide, with a network of independent distributors who promote and sell its products.
Nu Skin is known for its anti-aging skincare line, ageLOC, which claims to target the underlying causes of aging and promote more youthful-looking skin.
As an MLM company, Nu Skin relies on its network of independent distributors to sell its products and recruit new members to the sales force.
Distributors earn commissions on their sales and the sales of their recruits. They also earn bonuses and other rewards for meeting sales targets and achieving certain levels within the organization.
The company claims to offer opportunities for flexible work and potential financial rewards.
However, the business opportunity is subject to controversy and scrutiny, with some critics raising concerns about pyramid schemes, false income claims, and pressure to recruit new members.
In this review, we will take a closer look at Nu Skin’s business model and reputation to help you make an informed decision about this MLM opportunity.
Is it right for you?
Tired Of Scams And Pyramid Schemes?
Nu Skin Review Summary
NO FACE-2-FACE SALE – NO RECRUIT – JUST PASSIVE INCOME
CHECK OUT THIS #1 HOME-BASED BUSINESS
What Is Nu Skin?
Nu Skin MLM is a company selling personal care and wellness products.
Nu Skin was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Provo, Utah.
The company offers a variety of products, including anti-aging skincare, nutritional supplements, and weight management products.
Nu Skin operates in more than 50 markets worldwide and has a network of over one million distributors.
As an MLM company, Nu Skin offers its distributors the opportunity to earn income through both retail sales and building a sales team.
Distributors can earn commissions on their own sales and on the sales of the distributors they recruit.
Some people have had success with Nu Skin.
However, it’s important to note that Nu Skin has faced criticism and controversy over its business practices.
Some critics have accused MLMs of being pyramid schemes that exploit participants by requiring them to make significant upfront investments and recruit others to do the same in order to earn income.
Unlock the door to financial freedom with the
#1 home-based business opportunity!
Discover a way to earn over $100K a year from the comfort of your own home.
Don’t wait, click now to start your journey to success.
Nu Skin Management Team and Company Strategy
Nu Skin’s management team is led by CEO Ryan Napierski, who took over from longtime CEO Truman Hunt in 2018.
Napierski has been with the company for over 20 years and has held a number of leadership positions, including president of global sales and operations.
Other key members of Nu Skin’s management team include President and Chief Marketing Officer Brenton Hatch, Chief Financial Officer Mark Lawrence, and Chief Legal Officer D. Matthew Dorny.
Nu Skin’s company strategy centers around its mission to “be a force for good throughout the world by empowering people to improve lives with rewarding business opportunities, innovative products, and an enriching, uplifting culture.”
In terms of product strategy, Nu Skin has focused on developing high-quality products that target key areas of consumer concern, such as aging, skin health, and wellness.
The company invests heavily in research and development to ensure its products are effective and innovative.
From a business perspective, Nu Skin’s strategy is focused on expanding its global reach and building a strong, engaged network of independent distributors.
The company invests in training and development programs to support its distributors and provides incentives and rewards to encourage sales and recruitment.
Nu Skin has also embraced digital and social media as a key part of its business strategy, with a strong online presence and mobile app that allows distributors to manage their business on the go.
Is Nu Skin Legit?
Nu Skin is a legitimate MLM company that has been in operation since 1984 and has a presence in over 50 markets worldwide.
The company is not considered a pyramid scheme or a scam by law enforcement agencies or regulators in most countries where it operates.
However, there have been concerns raised about the potential for the MLM business model to be abused or misused.
While the Nu Skin compensation plan is designed to reward sales, some have argued that the emphasis on recruiting new members can lead to a pyramid-like structure where only those at the top of the organization can make a significant income.
Some critics have accused Nu Skin of promoting unrealistic income claims and putting undue pressure on its distributors to recruit new members, which leads to a focus on recruitment rather than sales.
Additionally, Nu Skin has faced regulatory challenges in some countries, such as a $47 million fine in China in 2016 related to its sales practices.
While the company has taken steps to address these issues and improve its compliance with local laws and regulations, it’s important to consider these factors when evaluating the company’s legitimacy.
What Products Does Nu Skin Offer?
Nu Skin offers a range of personal care products, nutritional supplements, and weight management products.
Some of the most popular products offered by Nu Skin include:
- AgeLOC – A range of anti-aging products designed to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pharmanex – A line of nutritional supplements formulated to support overall health and wellness.
- Epoch – A range of personal care products made with natural ingredients sourced from indigenous cultures around the world.
- Nutriol – A hair care line designed to improve the appearance of thinning hair and promote healthy hair growth.
- Nu Colour – A range of cosmetic products, including lipsticks, eyeshadows, and foundations.
- Powerlips – A long-wearing liquid lipstick that comes in a variety of shades.
- Ageloc Me – A customizable skin care system that allows users to create a personalized regimen based on their specific skin care needs.
Nu Skin also offers a range of other products, including body care products, oral care products, and weight management products.
Nu Skin Marketing And Sales
Nu Skin is a direct-selling company. The company sells its products directly to customers through a network of independent distributors.
The company’s marketing and sales strategies focus on building relationships with customers and promoting its products through word-of-mouth referrals and personal recommendations.
One of the key aspects of Nu Skin’s marketing and sales approach is its emphasis on science-based innovation and quality ingredients. The company invests heavily in research and development to create products for specific skincare and wellness needs.
Nu Skin also places a strong emphasis on building relationships with its independent distributors and supporting them with training, marketing materials, and incentives.
The company offers a variety of rewards programs and bonuses to motivate and incentivize its distributors to sell more products and build their businesses.
In addition to its direct selling model, Nu Skin also engages in traditional marketing and advertising campaigns, including television, print, and online advertising.
The company also uses social media and influencer partnerships to promote its products and reach new customers.
Overall, Nu Skin’s marketing and sales strategies focus on creating high-quality products and building strong relationships with customers and independent distributors.
How Does Nu Skin Work?
Nu Skin uses a direct sales model to sell its products.
Independent distributors, who are also referred to as “Brand Affiliates,” promote and sell Nu Skin’s products to their personal networks, and are compensated for their sales and recruitment efforts.
When someone becomes a Nu Skin Brand Affiliate, they purchase a starter kit and receive training and support from the company to help them build their business.
Brand Affiliates purchase products at a discount. They also earn commissions on their sales and the sales of their team.
Nu Skin encourages Brand Affiliates to recruit others to join their team by offering incentives through recognition and reward programs including bonuses, trips, and other rewards for achieving certain sales and recruitment milestones.
As you can see, the Nu Skin business model is based on creating a community of independent distributors who are passionate about the company’s products and are motivated to share them with others.
How To Become A Nu Skin Consultant?
Becoming a Nu Skin consultant or Brand Affiliate is a straightforward process.
Here are the basic steps to join:
- Visit the Nu Skin website and locate the “Become a Brand Affiliate” link. It will take you to the registration page.
- Choose the country of your residence and read through the terms and conditions of becoming a Brand Affiliate.
- Select the appropriate starter kit and complete the online application form. You will need to provide personal and contact information.
- Pay the registration fee and purchase the starter kit.
Once you have completed your registration, you will receive a welcome email from Nu Skin with instructions on how to access your back office and start your training.
Start building your business by promoting and selling Nu Skin products to your personal network and recruiting others to join your team as Brand Affiliates.
How Much Does It Cost To Join Nu Skin?
The cost to join Nu Skin as a Brand Affiliate can vary depending on the country and the starter kit you choose.
In the United States, the cost of the Basic Kit is $25, and the cost for a Provo Kit is $199.
Other countries may have different prices, and the prices are subject to change.
The starter kits usually include a selection of Nu Skin products, sales and marketing materials, and access to training and support.
The cost of the starter kit is a one-time fee that allows you to become a Brand Affiliate and start promoting and selling Nu Skin products.
In addition to the starter kit cost, Brand Affiliates must maintain a minimum monthly personal sales volume to remain active and earn commissions.
The specific sales volume requirements typically range from $100 to $500 per month.
You should carefully consider the costs and benefits of joining Nu Skin and have a solid understanding of the company’s business model before making a decision.
Nu Skin Compensation Plan
Nu Skin’s compensation plan is designed to reward its independent distributors for their sales and recruitment efforts.
The company offers several different ways for distributors to earn income, including retail sales, commission on downline sales, bonuses, and incentives.
Here are some of the key features of the Nu Skin compensation plan:
- Retail Sales: Distributors earn a commission on the products they sell directly to customers.
- Downline Commission: Distributors also earn a commission on the sales of their downline organization. The commission rate varies based on the distributor’s rank and the sales volume of their downline.
- Executive Bonus: Distributors who achieve certain sales and recruitment targets earn a bonus based on their rank and the sales volume of their downline.
- Fast Start Bonus: New distributors earn this bonus by achieving certain sales and recruitment targets in their first few months.
- Team Commission: Distributors earn a commission on the sales of their entire team, which includes their downline and their downline’s downline.
- Other Bonuses and Incentives: Nu Skin also offers a variety of other bonuses and incentives, such as trips, cars, and other rewards, to motivate and reward its distributors.
The Nu Skin compensation plan is designed to incentivize distributors to sell more products by building their downline organization.
How Much Does Nu Skin Consultant Make?
The income that a Nu Skin Consultant can make varies widely depending on several factors, including their level of effort, sales and recruitment skills, and the size and productivity of their downline organization.
Nu Skin does publish an income disclosure statement that provides some information on the earnings of its independent distributors.
According to the most recent income disclosure statement, the average annual income of active distributors in the United States and Canada who received commissions in 2020 was $1,569. However, it’s important to note that this figure includes full-time distributors.
The income that a Nu Skin Consultant can earn depends on the commission rate and other incentives offered by the company’s compensation plan.
It is important to keep in mind building a successful MLM business requires hard work, dedication, and persistence.
While it is possible to make money as a Nu Skin Brand Affiliate, it’s also important for you to know that 99.9% of mlm business owners failed.
There are no guarantees of success, and earnings will depend on individual effort and market conditions.
Is Nu Skin a Good Business to Invest in?
We cannot tell you whether Nu Skin is a good business to invest in.
However, we can provide you with some information to help you make an informed decision.
Like any investment, there are risks associated with investing in Nu Skin.
The MLM industry is highly competitive, and there is no guarantee of success or earnings for distributors.
To make money with Nu Skin, you will need to build a customer base and a downline organization. It requires a combination of sales, recruiting skills, and a willingness to put in the time and effort required to build a successful MLM business.
Nu Skin MLM is a business opportunity that requires hard work and dedication to build a successful sales team.
I am speaking from experience. Not only have I done it, but I won’t do it again.
Your situation may be different.
When deciding if Nu Skin MLM is for you, The first question you might want to ask is whether you are comfortable going out of your way to recruit strangers every day for months.
Maybe 100 per month isn’t necessary, but a lot.
MLM business is best for someone who doesn’t mind recruiting strangers and selling dreams.
Statistically, your chances of success with MLM are not good. Over 99.9% of MLM business owners failed.
There are other opportunities for you to make money without recruiting strangers.
I work from home, which is a unique situation. I make a good living without seeing anyone for months.
You might be interested in learning more about My Home-Based Business.
I am not saying this fits you, but who knows?
Nu Skin Risk Analysis
Every business opportunity has risks. There are advantages and disadvantages to joining the Nu Skin MLM.
Here are some of the Pros and Cons to consider:
The Nu Skin Pros
Nu Skin offers several advantages to its independent distributors, including:
- High-Quality Products: Nu Skin’s products are based on scientific research and quality ingredients, which have helped the company to build a loyal customer base and differentiate itself from competitors.
- Proven Business Model: Nu Skin has been in business for over 35 years and has a proven business model to help many independent distributors start their businesses.
- Strong Compensation Plan: The Nu Skin compensation plan offers multiple ways for distributors to earn income, including retail sales, commissions on downline sales, bonuses, and incentives.
- Global Presence: Nu Skin operates in more than 50 markets worldwide, providing distributors with access to a large and diverse customer base.
- Training and Support: Nu Skin provides its consultants with extensive training and support resources, including online tools, events, and mentorship programs.
- Flexibility: As an independent Brand Affiliate, Nu Skin business owners have the flexibility to set their schedule and work from anywhere they choose, making it a good option for those seeking a flexible work-life balance.
- Sense of Community: Nu Skin’s culture emphasizes personal development and a sense of community, which can provide business owners with a supportive network of like-minded individuals.
These pros can make Nu Skin an attractive option for those looking to start a home-based business, but it’s important to approach the opportunity with realistic expectations and a long-term mindset.
Just remember, there are many disadvantages and risks in MLM businesses.
The Nu Skin Cons
There are many potential cons associated with the Nu Skin MLM business.
Below are some of the key cons to consider:
- High Start-Up Costs: Starting a Nu Skin business can require a significant upfront investment, including the purchase of a starter kit, product inventory, and other business expenses.
- Competitive Industry: The MLM industry is highly competitive. A Nu Skin consultant faces competition from a variety of companies that offer similar products and services.
- Sales Skills Required: Building a successful Nu Skin business requires strong sales skills and the ability to effectively market and sell the company’s products to customers.
- Dependence on Distributors: Your Nu Skin MLM success depends on the efforts of your downline. The business’s financial performance and growth could be impacted if you are unable to attract and retain a large and productive consultant base.
- Regulatory Risks: The MLM industry is subject to a variety of regulations and laws in different countries. Any changes in the regulations could impact your business revenue.
- Reputation Risks: The reputation of Nu Skin is important to your success. Negative publicity or legal challenges could put you out of business.
You must consider these potential cons and risks when making investment decisions.
Nu Skin Conclusion and Recommendation
Nu Skin is a well-established MLM company with a strong compensation plan.
However, like any MLM business opportunity, there are too many risks and drawbacks to consider, including high start-up costs, regulatory risks, and a competitive industry.
Based on these factors, whether Nu Skin is a good business for you depends on your financial situation, investment goals, and personal preferences.
If you have a strong interest in MLM and are willing to invest the time and resources required to build a successful business, Nu Skin may be a good fit for you.
However, if you are risk-averse, do not have a strong sales background, or hate recruiting, it may be wise to consider alternative opportunities.
Nu Skin MLM doesn’t appear to be a good business to us.
We have nothing against Nu Skin. We just don’t like the MLM business model.
When a business relies on recruiting new members to make money, It will eventually slow down, with no more people to recruit.
That is why earning passive income in an MLM is a myth.
The business model may sustain for a short while. But when recruiting dries up, people start dropping out. The business collapsed.
Why would you invest in a business that’s going to lose money?
If you want to earn passive income today, I suggest reading this article, the #1 Business Opportunity To Generate Passive Income Online. It will show you the most lucrative business to start today.
Every year, millions of people earn a six-figure passive income using this online business.
I use the same business system to fire the boss, work from home, and achieve financial freedom.
Let me explain to you why:
You can use This #1 Home Business Opportunity to create a full-time passive income. You can work from the comfort of your own home and on a laptop, with no commute and no boss. You work whenever you want and where you like.
I invite you to read What I Do Every Day To Make Money At Home Online. Let me show you the real system of generating passive income.
I hope this Nu Skin review answers your questions about this MLM business.
Until next time.
Please, share your experience below.