I’m TQ! Yes, I make passive income with affiliate links. Isn’t that amazing? I make over $100K a year. Join My Free Training to start making money working from home today.
Postmates doesn’t even require you to have a car to make money. You can deliver for Postmates with any mode of transportation, including walking.
When I first heard about the Postmates Fleet, I was immediately interested. Here is a new opportunity to earn some extra cash riding around the city on my bike.
I don’t have a financial problem, but I have a weight problem. I am overweight and lazy to exercise. Maybe Postmates can help motivate me. So, I joined the Postmates Fleet.
Now, I am writing this Postmates Review to share with you everything I know about becoming a Postmates Fleet member, the requirements, the application process, the fleet app, the earnings, and a few tricks and tips to help you make more money with Postmates.
Tired Of Scams And Pyramid Schemes?
Your Opportunity to Work From Home!
Postmates Review – What Is It?
Postmates was launched in 2011 by Sam Street, Sean Plaice, and Bastian Lehmann. It’s headquartered located in San Francisco, California.
Postmates operates as an on-demand delivery service allowing restaurants and small businesses to cut costs by outsourcing the delivery-person.
Like Uber and Lyft, Postmates utilizes an app to receive orders and dispatch couriers to deliver the goods.
Customers use the Postmates app to request delivery of any items locally, not just food. This is the different between Postmates and DoorDash which only delivers food.
Individuals make money by joining the Postmates Fleet to become a courier picking up and delivering goods around the city.
According to the company, Postmates has a network of over 100,000 couriers offering delivery services over 250 cities in the U.S.
The company claims that their couriers earn as much as $25 per hour. If this is true, then delivering for Postmates is better than driving for Uber or Lyft.
The rest of this Postmates Review will focus on what is like working for Postmates: the requirements, the actual earnings, the application process, and the courier working condition, should you want to join the Postmates Fleet.
How to Join The Postmates Fleet?
It is important to understand that working as a Postmates courier will not going to make you rich.
This opportunity is considered as a secondary income source or a part-time job suitable for stay at home moms & dads. If this is what you are looking for, then becoming a Postmates Fleet member is an ideal job for you.
If you are looking for a real option to make a full-time income from home, I suggest you check out this #1 Online Entrepreneur Opportunity which has helped me make over $7K per month online with just one website. The membership is free, and you can earn while you learn.
The process to join the Postmates Fleet is very simple, but before you start here are the requirements:
Postmates Driver Requirements
- You must be at least 18 years or older
- Have a smartphone to download and install the Postmates Fleet App
- Must pass the driving record and criminal background check, up to 7 years
The Required documents
- A valid Driver’s license, even if you are not driving a car. However, no driving experience is required.
- Must provide a copy of the social security number which is required for the background check.
- For a non-U.S. citizen, must provide a work permit authorizing to work in the United States
Postmates Vehicle Requirements
There is no Vehicle inspection or requirement to join Postmates Fleet.
You can deliver using any mode of transportation, including walking. As long as the delivery method is acceptable by Postmates in that city.
Postmates allows you to change the type of transportation right inside the app.
On rainy days, you can to use a car to make deliveries. If it is nice and sunshine, you can use a bike or the city’s bikeshare system to deliver. This means you don’t even have to use your own vehicle to make deliveries.
Postmates Fleet requirements are much easier and simpler that Uber and Lyft. If you get rejected by those rideshare companies, you can submit an application with Postmates to make money delivering goods.
Postmates Fleet Application Process
Make sure to use this code: FL-quangn to get your $800.00 guaranteed signup bonus.
Postmates suggests using the Fleet app as a preferred method to join the Fleet.
- The first step is creating an account with an email address and password.
- Then Postmates will ask for basic information such as your name, mailing address, driver license, phone number, the city you like to deliver, and vehicle type.
- After completing the signup process, you are asked to review and accept the Fleet Agreement, which outlines the rules for working with Postmates.
Quick tip: I always suggest people add their referral code (FL-quangn) to claim the $800 sign on bonus at this time because Postmates doesn’t offer a retroactive bonus. However, don’t upload your photo or set up direct deposit until passing the background check.
- The last step is to authorize the background check. You have to provide full name, date of birth, and social security number.
The background check can take from 3-10 days. According to Postmates, most are completed within 1-3 days.
If you passed the background check and approved to deliver for Postmates, you will receive an email as well as a welcome kit which include the hot & cold bag and a blank prepaid debit card.
Get Started as a Postmates Courier
Once you have received the welcome kit in the mail, you need to login to your account to set up for the delivery.
You should upload your profile photo and set up for direct deposit.
You also need to activate your Postmates Prepaid Card, so you can use it to pay for the delivered goods. The prepaid card is loaded when you accept an order and unloaded when you completed the job.
When you have completed the final set up, you are ready to go online and accept your first delivery!
How Does Postmates Fleet App Work?
I include this section here to help prepare you for your first order. If you are familiar with Uber or Lyft app, then the Postmates Fleet app is not much different.
Your job as a Postmates courier is to pick up the goods ordered by the customer from the merchant and deliver them.
Please don’t confuse the Postmates App with the Postmates Fleet App. One is for customers and the latter is for couriers or drivers.
A quick overview of the delivery process:
- To accept orders, just turn on the app and press the button to go online.
- The customers place a delivery order using the Postmates App.
If customers order from a Postmates partner merchant, a customer service team member will place the order for couriers to pick up.
If customers order from a non-Postmates partner merchant, the couriers have to place the order with the merchant, pay for it using the prepaid card or cash, then deliver the goods.
- The delivery order is dispatched to the nearest couriers through the app. You can accept or skip the delivery.
The request order only provides the merchant location. You will not know the delivery location or the delivery amount until accepting the order.
- Once you accept the order, the app GP system will guide you to the pickup location.
- If the goods have not been paid, you can use the prepaid card or cash to pay the merchant. Be sure to take a picture of the receipt to submit for reimbursement.
Tips: Always carry some cash with you when working. When a merchant doesn’t accept credit card or the machine doesn’t work, you have to pay in cash and Postmates will reimburse you.
- When you are ready to deliver, just press the button against and the app GPS will guide you to the drop-off location.
- After delivering the goods, press the delivery complete and you are ready to accept the next delivery request.
Remember: The customer will rate you and has the option to leave a tip. You should always be friendly and professional with your services.
Other Helpful Features in The Postmates Fleet App
The app contains other useful information such as delivery earnings, payment statements, referral code, and support contacts. You can access them by clicking on the driver menu located on the top left.
Postmates Driver (Courier) Earnings
Delivery rates are different for every city. As a courier for Postmates, you get paid a fee for pickup, a fee for drop-off, paid for wait time and per mile between pickup and drop-off.
Postmates offers minimum driver earnings per delivery of around $4. Here’s the basic earnings breakdown:
- $1 base pay for pickups
- $1 base pay for drop-offs
- $0.10 per minute wait time at the merchant location
- $0.80 per mile between pickup and drop-off locations
- The couriers keep 100% of the tips.
If the delivery is during peak hours, Postmates called Blitz Price, couriers are paid a Blitz bonus.
Postmates Fleet also offers hourly guarantees earnings to new drivers with a referral code. However, there are a few requirements the courier must meet to receive this offer. Visit the Referral section of this Postmates Review for more information.
You can use this code “FL-quangn” to earn $800
Postmates Driver Expenses
Like all rideshare drivers, you are considered as an independent contractor working for Postmates.
The expenses for a Postmates courier is far less than the expenses for a rideshare driver.
You don’t have to drive a vehicle for every delivery. Postmates allows you to make deliveries by bike which save a lot on gas. You decide which type of transportation is best for your delivery business, and you can change it anytime.
I am including a list of expenses that you will have to pay as a Postmates Fleet.
- Postmates fee: A 20% is deducted from your delivery fees.
- Gas: Yes, you can cut the gas costs, but not for all deliveries. If you have to drive, you pay for the gas, no reimbursement.
- Insurance: Postmates does offer minimum insurance coverage. It is your responsibility to purchase the difference to meet the city and state requirements.
- Parking fees: As a business owner, you are responsible for parking ticket fees, moving violations, and toll fees.
- Vehicle maintenance: Wear and Tear is the biggest expenses for all Postmates couriers. I am not just talking about the car. You also have to take into account the costs of maintaining your bike.
You must take into account these business-related expenses to determine your actual earnings with Postmates.
I can honestly say as a Postmates courier, you make about $10 – $15 per hour before deducting the expenses. This is far less than the $25 per hour the company claimed in the recruiting campaigns.
Don’t expect to get rich with Postmates. There are better options to make money from home besides joining Postmates Fleet. Follow the link to discover more.
More Ways to Make Money as Postmates Driver
You can only make so much per hour delivering for Postmates. So, the question is how can you boost your earnings?
Here are some tips to help you improve your profit as a Postmates courier.
Deliver During Peak Hours
Every city and town are different. You should get familiar with the area and know when the best time for doing delivery, peak hours.
According to Postmates records, order volume peak between 11am-1pm and 5pm-8pm each day, and on Saturday and Sunday.
You want to take advantage of these peak hours to make more deliveries, earn the blitz bonus, and stacking deliveries.
Blitz Bonuses are paid during high demand when there are not enough couriers to meet customer demand. This is a great opportunity to boost your income above and beyond the standard rate for deliveries.
Be Selective Accepting Order
The larger the order amount, the more you earn. You can boost your earnings by selecting your order from high-end merchants or restaurants.
Orders of high-end goods tend to have higher prices, accepting these big orders will increase your earnings.
If you are using this strategy, you will need to know the rich area where high-end restaurants and merchants are located. This way you can quickly recognize the high-end orders when they show up on the app.
Accept multiple deliveries
Postmates allows you to stack delivery by accepting multiple orders in the same area.
The Postmates Fleet app can help you determine if multiple deliveries are available in the area. Using this option, you can make more delivery in an hour to substantially boost your earnings.
Postmates couriers keep all the tips. So, it is wise to be friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to go the extra mile for your customer.
If you show the customers that you care and appreciate their business, they will tip you big. The number of tips you earn maybe more than your weekly earnings.
Here a few things that the pros do to show customers that they are:
- Make sure delivering the correct order and nothing is missing.
- Grab napkins, sauces, utensils, and anything else the recipient might need before leaving the merchant location.
- Make sure to give the customers the receipt. Do not even ask, just hand it to them.
- Write your name on the receipt and remind the customer to keep it in case something is not right with the order.
This not only shows that you care, but it will earn you a big tip.
Driver for Uber, Lyft, and Postmates
You can decide to accept passengers or delivery orders whatever is best.
Postmates pay $100 for each qualified referral that joins the Postmates Fleet.
You are not only earning the bonuses, but your referrals also receive signup bonuses guaranteed earnings up to $800 for completing a set number of deliveries, usually about 70 deliveries within 30 days.
To get the bonus, you just hand out the referral code for people to enter at the time of sign up. This way you both receive the referral bonuses.
If you want to join the Postmates Fleet, use this code FL-quangn to get $800 or more sign up earnings bonus. This signup bonus is time/location depends.
Many drivers make a lot of money referring people to Postmates Fleet. This is how I and other drivers/bloggers make passive money online.
If you want to know how to make thousands referring people to Postmates Fleet, click here to learn more.
Postmates Payout System
Postmates payouts every week, and the payment period is from Monday through Friday.
Postmates pays via direct deposit to your bank account. It takes at least 24-27 hours for the deposit to clear.
The Postmates payment process can take from four to seven days to complete.
Should I Join Postmates Fleet?
Many people joining Postmates Fleet because of the flexible working schedule. However, they quickly discover flexibility doesn’t mean high profits.
When you work as a courier, you have two choices to make delivery: by car or by bike.
If you are using your car, I suggest not to join Postmates Fleet. You are just wasting time, money, and gas. Also, vehicle maintenance will eat all your earnings. Same with driving for Uber and Lyft.
If you’re doing deliveries on a bike, don’t expect to work for long hours every day. There are days that you cannot ride a bike because of the bad weather. This cannot be a full-time job.
Running your own business as an independent contractor can be fun and intimidating. You can make a lot of money or you can end up broke.
As a smart entrepreneur, you must carefully weigh the pros and cons before investing in a business opportunity, especially joining the Postmates Fleet.
Postmates Fleet Pros
- The ability to make your own work schedule.
- Don’t have to deal with crazy passengers.
- You don’t need to have a car.
- You can work in any city where Postmates operates.
- You keep 100% of the tips.
- It is a good part-time job or a second source of income.
- It is easy to join the Postmates Fleet compared to Uber and Lyft.
- The age requirement is lower, 18 years old.
Postmates Fleet Cons
- Not a good option to make full-time income because the pay rate is low.
- You rely on tips to make profits
- Long working hours with a lot of waiting around for orders
- You have to find a high demand area to earn money
- You don’t know the delivery location and payment until accepted the order.
- You cannot use the bike for every delivery. Some areas in the city do not allow delivery by bike.
- Gas price and vehicle maintenance will crush your earnings.
Is Postmates Fleet a Good Business Opportunity?
You will not get rich delivering goods for Postmates Fleet. But you can get rich by sharing your experiences about Postmates.
I will show how to get rich with Postmates Fleet, and why you should not become a courier.
Postmates considers all couriers as independent contractors, but no courier owns their business. The moment you stop delivering, you have nothing.
Unless you plan to be a Postmates courier for the rest of your life, otherwise, this is not a good business opportunity.
I joined the Postmates Fleet for the experience, exercise, and extra cash. I make a living as a full-time blogger and affiliate marketer sharing my life experiences with people online. Here’s my profile.
This is a quick overview of how I make money with Postmates Fleet:
- I write reviews to share with people about my Postmates Fleet experience.
- Anyone read my review and using this code “FL-quangn” to collect the $800 bonus from Postmates I’ll make $100 referral bonus.
- Let say I refer 100 people per month, normally more, I’ve made $10,000 (100x$100).
Blogging and Affiliate marketing is a lucrative business. I have been doing this for many years. It is the cheapest and easiest way to get rich.
I cannot teach you everything in this post about Blogging and Affiliate Marketing.
But, I can share with you the 10 Free Online Training Lessons that I had used to learn this business.
I suggest you follow the link to check out these lessons. You will learn some valuable information that can be used in operating your Postmates Fleet business.
For those interested in using blogs and affiliate marketing to boost their earnings with Postmates Fleet, I invite you to join this #1 online training program and
I have shared with you everything that I know and learn about Postmates Fleet. If you have any tips, tricks, or something to share with my readers, please leave them below.